Traditional ChunJang Korean Black Bean Paste 700g
Korean black bean paste (Chunjang, 춘장) is made from a salty fermented soybean and coloured with caramel.
It is an essential condiment to make “Korean black bean sauce noodles (Jajangmyeon, 자장면)“.
It has a slightly bitter and salty taste on its own, so some sugar is added when making Korean black bean sauce (Jajang, 자장: stir-fried Korean black bean paste with meat & vegetables).
1. Slice meat, vegetables, etc. into suitable sizes and fry with 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
2. Add half a tablespoon of cooking oil to Chunjang, stir fry, and mix with meat and vegetables.
3. Add a cup of water and boil until the vegetables are completely cooked.
4. Mix 2 tablespoons of the starch well in half a cup of water, boil for 2 minutes.
5. Add the appropriate amount to the prepared noodles or rice.